LOTUS TRIPPIN explaines 3 kinds, u... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals LOTUS TRIPPIN explaines 3 kinds, uses and effects Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Lotus Seed GerminationHippie3Hippie33 1 01-06-03  01:31 pm
Photoshop salvia visionScott WhiteHippie318 1 10-14-03  05:32 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 04:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey there All,
Well let me start by saying that I am in love with this stuff

Ok There are 3 kinds of lotus that I know of that give you the effects you want.
BLUE LOTUS: This is probably the most available of the 3 and the favorite of many. You Can smoke blue lotus to achive a relaxing mild pot high or you can make tea or infused beer/wine to get a more mild mdma effect.
SACRED LOTUS: this is the one you read about in your history books. I find this the best of the 3 for smoking giving the strongest effects (Pot valium kinda thing) I spent a lot of time gapping out and stairing at nothing. But is the least potent as far as the tea goes.
NIGHT BLOOMING LILY: This is my Favorite by far, A little harder to get ahold of (not as well known). But the tea of 6g (for me is the optimal dose.) Gives me Intense euphoric feelings while being relaxed and very happy. It lasts for about an hour then you get a more relaxed sinking into the couch feeling and a great night sleep waking up better than before taking it.

Directions for tea are 2-7gr steeped of 25-30 min.

The more you do of this lotus stff the more you get off it. (you get higher the 2nd time and soo on to a point)
Im not too sur why.

If you get a chance to try this lotus it is worth it. If you want all around I would go for the blue lotus
If you like smoking go for the sacred lotus
If you want the best tea go for The night bloomer.

Check the erowid vaults for more info and trip reports

Im out

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 01:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what's this cost ?
is it easy to grow ?
got any pics ?

onediadem (Onediadem)
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 09:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someday, I will have a pond just for this sacred plant. Aside from the um, good stuff, it is a sight to behold. Beautiful is an understatement.

4hodmtagireturns (Agiahuasca)
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 03:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cielo

always has it in stock
i guess its good quality from what i here

never personally tried it tho

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 11:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They do have blue and sacred lotus but no night blooming lily. And they are kinda pricey (but it looks good)

Blue lotus Dried blue lotus

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 01:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oooh I was checking lotuses out on a herb vendor, anyone ever tried it?

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 02:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey erebus if you can get it go for the night blooming nymphaea. I find the effects of the tea (this kind does not smoke well) Far stronger then the blue or sacred lotus.

I will Tell you what, I have just found a local importer of it(blue and the night bloomer) I am picking some up next week. I can pick some up for you if you like(I guess that goes for anybody) It will be cheaper than anywere online $17 for a full oz and top quality.

I just want everybody to try the night bloomer.

If anybody is interested email me at [email protected]
I can send whatever quantity tou like none less then 6 grams though as that seems to be the best dose.

PS I forgot to mention I used to have sleeping problems( I would wake up between 4-5 am and it did not matter what Time I went to bed.) When I take the lotus I sleep till 7-8 and feel great when I wake up.

I love this new forum

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 09:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are we talking nymphaea and what varieties do you use exactly , and are these possible to grow in small ponds or a big enough tub ? When smoking do you allso use 6 grams and is the whole dried plant used , well these questions came to mind when reading about this beautifull plant allready known to budha and ancient egypt

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 01:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Yes we are talking nymphaeas, From what I hear It is not too hard to grow but not the biggest harvest. NO NO 6 grams is for tea amounts. For smoking its the blue lotus or sacred lotus and I would say less the a gram. Tea is stronger though, except with the sacred lotus that seems to smoke better than make tea.

Sacred LOtus =Nelumbo nucifera
Night Blooming lilly(my fave)= Nympaea lotus
Blue lotus = Nymphaea caerulea

Hope this helps.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 10:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's a pretty good article on lotus in the most recent Entheogen Review

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 02:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Hip I would love to read that article,is there somewhere online were I can do so?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 01:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

their website is here.
but they haven't updated yet to show this latest issue, i just got it a few days ago.
you can order it, though.
i can't reprint it here, it's copywritten stuff,
sorry.

the author reports best effects with an alcohol infusion, 7 grams of flowers in a bottle.
but he found that to be a bit too intense, too laid back in your chair paralyzed.
he seemed to like smoking best, and indicated that like salvia one needs to get familiar [8-10 uses] with it a few times to fully appreciate it's effects.
he reported that the sacred blue lily of the nile N. nouchali var.caerulea was strongest, followed by N. alba, N. nucifera, N. lotus in that order.
he seems to believe that smoking a few days in a row was cumulative in the effects.
he also seems to feel that the primary active alkaloid is nuciferine.

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 03:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I would have to agree with some points but not with a few, he is right that tea is more intense than smoking I find the blue and sacred Lotus to far out smoke the others. But as far as tea goes (The way to go in my opinion) The last on his list the Nymphaea lotus hits me the fastest and the strongest.

And it is soo true that the more you do it the more you apreciate it and feel the effects.

I cant wait to read the whole article.
Thanks Hip

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 05:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know where I can order this stuff in Canada? I'd love to try it!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 09:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

brad,
you might try emailing this guy-

Quote:

Tell you what, I have just found a local importer of it(blue and the night bloomer) I am picking some up next week. I can pick some up for you if you like(I guess that goes for anybody) It will be cheaper than anywere online $17 for a full oz and top quality.

I just want everybody to try the night bloomer.

If anybody is interested email me at [email protected]

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 02:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey There Brad I just Picked up A quarter pound of the night bloomer. And a couple oz of the blue if you are interested just let me know.

[email protected]

DFluXuated (Dflux)
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 01:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

herbal-shaman.com has this.

I have ordered much plantwise from this place. Until Prices got outrageous.

The spores there. The EQ'z, I ordered twice. Did not do S***(Very VERY little, all aborts). Maybe the B+'s there are better. But i am warning you. And this comes from nearly 50 jar's of trying.

Fanaticus for your spores...

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 05:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I just ordered some night bloomer off newman. Cant wait for it to arrive :P
I have so much stuff coming in the mail this week; spores, night bloomer and an inavap.

BTW, what would the effects of this be like in the inavap? I drink a lot of tea, so i would like to try some tea with it for sure, but smoking it seems to use much less from what I've read here.

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 02:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey brad, Remember the night bloomer is more for tea and does not smoke well, I will try to toss in a gram of blue lotus so you can try smoking lotus too.(sorry I would toss in some sacred lotus which in my opinon is the best smoking lotus. But I have no more for a bit I am even down to 8 grams blue)
But I am sure you will be pleased
Have a good one newman

Dr. Cubensis (Shroomzilla)
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 12:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow!

I think I might even look into that.
Just when I think I've pretty much seen them all,
something new comes around :)

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 02:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody live in a hot area with a pond or I guess you could use a bucket.

I got some seeds from my last bag of night bloomer. Its too cold to grow them here so I am giving them away to someone who wants to try to grow them.
The more lotus growing in this world the better.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 03:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how hot of an area ?
are we talking like the egyptian desert here ?

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 03:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No it does not have to be desert hot,southern USA would be fine. I will try ro gather more info and post it.

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 03:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nymphaea lotus (zenkeri)

Part of the world West Africa
Height 10 - 60 cm
Width 10 - 60 cm
Light requirements Average - high
Temperature 22 - 30oC
Hardness tolerance soft - average
pH tolerance Acid - neutral
Easiness Easy

These are optimal temps and can very slightly

There are many tales of people growing this plant and loving it( Beautiful flowers and scented)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 04:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material
lots of great stuff in this thread,
you've got me interested, i'd like to try something new.

Mycomegaly (Newman)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 09:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The seeds are your if you want then.
Just drop me a line [email protected]

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 11:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very cool of you to offer, thx

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 01:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

another source
http://www.salviaspace.com/
http://www.alchemy-works.com/herb_sacred_lotus.html
http://www.maya-ethnobotanicals.com/product_listbuy.phtml/type_latinname/viewby_N
http://www.omchiherbs.com/Ln.htm
extract & video at http://www.healthherbs.com/products/singleherbtinctures/3021.html
also see http://www.bouncingb.com