Coleus Blumei - Common Houseplant: A ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Coleus Blumei - Common Houseplant: A report Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 08:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coleus Blumei
A report on the psychoactive effect of this common houseplant

Coleus Blumei is said to contain an unstable crystalline polyhydric alcohol. Reported effects include tactile hallucinations similar to those from Psilocybin. Nausea can occur in the first 30 minutes.

Dosage: 50-70 large leaves from a "Coleus" plant (expected to be Blumei, only coleus is printed on label from where purchased) Velvet Red variety. The plants were bought at a local greenhouse facility.

Method of Preparation: Chopped with scissors, steeped in tap water + a couple splashes of lemon juice. Additionally, 5 small mushrooms (abort size, approx half inch each are added for the hell of it. Not enough mushroom to produce significant effects, but hopefully there is a favorable reaction.

Hypothesis: I expect no effects beyond that of Placebo. A conclusion of actual effects (if any) will follow.

Current time: 4:13pm, approx an hour from when the leaves were steeped.

Following this report, the leaves and fungi will be filtered, the water ingested.

Eyebooger (Eyebooger)
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 08:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be interested to hear how this one goes

I see these bad boys everywhere:
Coleus
Have a fun trip

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 10:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coleus Blumei: Part 2
Conclusion of Coleus Tea experiment

After 2 hours carefully observing any psychic changes this infusion caused, my conclusion is as follows:

The use of Coleus Blumei as an entheogen and its effects, have been filled with rumors like many other "legal alternatives" I felt no effects whatsoever aside from very mild stomach discomfort.

After straining off the leaves and fungi I was left with a pink liquid, tasting like lemon juice and fresh grass clippings. The tea smelled exactly like fresh cut grass as well. It tasted bad, but I've had much worse (morning glory seed mush....... ewwww). I added sugar and made it better.

About 30 minutes after ingestion I fell asleep, having a very strange dream. This is the only strange part of the experience. I Was tired beforehand, its very possible I would have slept anyway. I had a strange dream about the plant pot in which the plants came from. I was digging through the dirt (of which small mushrooms are popping out, I buried a cake in there) and saw a very complex structure of rhizomorphic fungus growth. For some reason I was eating it by the handful and it tasted like cake frosting. I woke up shortly after.

Well thanks for the picture booger, a nice addition to my report.

Summary of Conclusion: Don't waste your time eating/smoking/or making tea from this plant. The only benefit this plant gives is the aesthetic value as a living organism.

End of report

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 01:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update of Coleus Blumei Experiment
The "Wow I think I felt something" update

After smoking 1 bowl of herb, it seems something is "different". I have more energy than normal after smoking bud, and my mind is very active. Its very possible these may be placebo effects, the weed effects wrongly perceived. But who knows for sure. Additionally I may be feeling the very small mushroom dosage activated by THC.

Lastly, I feel this experiment has failed because something was done for the hell of it. Had I had a pure Coleus experiment maybe it would be different. Who knows, who cares. I feel different damnit because of placebo or not

The cause of this experiment was pure boredom, and a coleus plant that was getting too big for the shelf it was sitting on. Now I'm not bored who cares what it was (the pot probablyy )

Thanks for reading

P.S. Eyebooger - With all those extra coleus you got lying around it definitly wouldnt hurt to give it a try if you want, no bad effects but might not do anything, I wish I knew... Be sure to smoke bud with it though and it won't matter if you feel it or not :)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 12:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol
always wondered about that one,
thx for setting it straight for us.
archive material