Heimia experiences ? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Heimia experiences ? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 02:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I grow sinicuiche (heimia s.) for some years ,outside in a cold frame at first but now in a small greenhouse since they grow too tall , 4-5 feet. Does anyone have experience with this curious plant famous for its auditory effects , like should it be possible to communicate by writing or so while these effects occur of soundhalus , is there a babysitter needed and what can he/she expect ?

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 08:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sinicuichi - Mayan Sun Opener

I bought an ounce once. The dried leaves themselves produced mildly opiate type effects.

A common thing is to make a wine by placing the dried leaves with water and leave in the sun for a while to "ferment" I am not sure if any actual chemical changes occur at this time.

The only way I tried after dried leaves themselves was to put it all in a pot with water, boil it down. It became tar and plant matter in the bottom of the pot. Before all the water evaporated I strained out most of the plant, left a bit for the extract to bind to. It worked quite well. I was left with sticky goo, I could have evaporated it further but got impatient. After smoking the tar effects were more opiate like, I had noticible CEVs, nothing more intense than getting high and seeing closed eye patterns. I didnt notice auditory hallucinations, but maybe I didnt experience it enough. Perhaps I had weak leaves I dont know. Either way it doesnt hurt, smells good (like hay) and tastes different but kinda good.

No babysitter needed in my experience, expect opiate like effects and maybe some freebies (couple of visual distortions and such). Have fun, ive never seen an actual plant I can only imagine.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 04:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm still learning something new everyday,
thx.

Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 11:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some pix of this year in the greenhouse plant,flowers

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 01:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, now you got me curious.
what's in this plant ?
how is it grown ?
how much did that oz cost ?
nice pix, lovely flower.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 05:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow that is beautiful

Cryogenine (1-carbamyl-2-phenylhydrazine) is the alkaloid, kinda scary sounding chemical hehe.

Ounce was around $20 I think, no more than that. Got it from salviadivinorum.com I think, Lotus Paradise or something is the name of the company.

Im so hung over

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 05:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've bought seeds from heimia for 1 dollar a packet at redwood city seed company (currently 2 dollars) Its a great company , http://www.batnet.com/rwc-seed/index.html#anchor44
I order there more than 20 yrs ,never a problem and among the cheapest.The seeds are very small like tobacco seed and are sprinkled over the soil ,kept wet and in the shade until they pass the seedling stage ,then they love to stand in the full sunshine.Hardy till about -5°C.
So many things to do ,so much to experience ,what a planet here's a link to the traditonal use of heimia in amerindian society
http://www.csp.org/chrestomathy/in_xochitl.html

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 01:49 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material, nice links, thx.