Phalaris arundinacea picta Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Phalaris arundinacea picta Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

chethanne (Ratakaberu)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 03:03 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been given some Phalaris arundinacea picta planted in soil, it's now in my little garden.
I made quite a bit of search about it on the net but i would like to gather more info on this plant than what i found.
Anybody here has it in his garden, has been using it for some purpose (smoke...), has extracted?
Is it possible to extract with the concentrate lemon juice tek (no solvants). Any risks?

Natura (Natura)
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the same plant. for many years. This wild plants grow so big, aha?

U need to check before the last issue of entheogen review about that. U ll find very detailed new discoveries bout this DMT/5MEO plant.

basically, U need special species for extract, otherwise die in buffotenine toxicationz ...

N+

chethanne (Ratakaberu)
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 04:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and did u have reports using it as an ayahuesca ingredient? knowinf that i'm talkin about phalaris arundinacea picta.

Mod Maliki (Maliki)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 03:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chethanne . Have you made it to EROWID ? They have a very good section on DMT containg plants . I havent found anything on it being used in a hausca brew but I have wonjdered the same thing my self .
And yes the plant is extracted . But you do use a chemical method to do it and I know you have had problems with getting some things . But you may be able to find what you need its not to hard .
I realy think that all the info you want is in erowid ....

chethanne (Ratakaberu)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 11:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well actually, erowid is the first place where i went to... it seems like it's a same old habit for everyone !
Anyway, the problem is that the specimen i have has the 'picta' terminologie to it's name (and all the commercial phalaris arundinacea i've seen has the 'picta' terminologie, i live in western europe), this 'picta' thing is never mentionned in articles talking about phalaris containing DMT (juste mentionning phalaris arundinacea, tuberosa or aquatica). I would've never posted a question without checking erowid, lycaeum, and google english search. Well Anyway, i'll post again on phalaris in 2 month when i'll have shitloads of the plant

Mod Maliki (Maliki)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 12:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phalaris translates as "shining", referring to the shiny seeds of this genus (rarely found in the variegated variety).
arundinacea translates as "reed-like".
picta translates at "painted", in reference to the variegation of the foliage.

ALKALOIDS
Alkaloid-contents vary considerably in both P. arundinacea and P. aquatica (From study to study and in real life). There are three genotypes: G, MeO and T. G stands for gramine genotype, MeO for methoxy and T for non-methoxy derivatives of tryptamine-genotypes. T and MeO genotypes are dominant, G is recessive. And good news is that if the alkaloid content in certain genotype was high, the heritability of this genotype was also high.

Types of alkaloids genotype group
Hordenine (p-hydroxphenethyldimethylamine)[Phenol]
Indoles:
Gramine (3-dimethylaminomethylindole) G
NMT (N-methyltryptamine) T
DMT (N,N-dimethyltryptamine) T
5-MeO-NMT (5-methoxy--N-methyltryptamine) MeO
5-MeO-DMT (5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) MeO
Betacarbolines:
MTHC (2-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-B-carboline) T
6-MeO-THC (2,9-dimethyl-6-methoxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-B-carboline) MeO

Percentages are total alkaloid contents, not DMT-contents. Either way these percentages are good only for illustrating the considerable variation. There is no way of knowing your plants alkaloid content without chromatography equipment. Note that drying lowers the alkaloid content.

P. arundinacea alk. contents may be anything from 0.0004% of the dry plant matter to 0.121% of the dry plant matter (ie. 6.3 kg - 21 g of grass equals one 20 mg dose if 80% of the alkaloids are DMT).

P. aquatica may contain anything from 0.0007% of the dry plant matter to 0.18% of the dry plant matter (ie. 3,5 kg - 21 g of grass equals one dose).

To be certain all the extraction procedures are worth the try one has to try to maximize the alkaloid content by choosing right strain, and by growing this strain right.

It has been hypothized that tryptamines, especially DMT, would be responsible for Phalaris-staggers in sheep (ventricular fibrillation, cardiac arrest). This is not true, as sheep have experienced the staggers from low-alkaloid strains.

P. arundinacea contains no 5-MeO-NMT (bufotenine); P. aquatica, on the other hand, could possibly contain toxic amounts of 5-MeO-NMT, but levels should stay under treshold-dose even in high doses - the alkaloids in Phalaris should be safe to use as directed.

This info is from Lycaeum.org
And it was found using a http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=++Phalaris+arundinacea+picta+dmt+ ,Google Search. Google is also nice in the fact that it has built in translators as well..

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: