Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Yopo Experiments Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 11, 2003Leprachaunhindushroom20 1 07-11-03  11:49 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Natura (Natura)
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 06:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw Yanomami tribe sniff tons. They keep lime +yopo seeds mix in "Nescafe" bottle and take it with fingers and blow gun.

Wel, Need caution again with yopo.
Good success story is nice but heard some of ending up in hospital.

N+ +

jim dillows (Jimdillows)
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 11:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 seeds put through a popcorn machine, ground, and mixed with 1/3 hydrated lime (ouch!) or baking soda (not so ouch, but not as effective) up the shnoz is no fail.

I read about a fellow who mixed the same amount of baking soda and ground toasted yopo seeds in water. He put it in a turkey baster and put it up his bum. He said it was the best yopo trip he had ever had because he didn't get any nausea, only the skin flushing.

Peace
JD

polly ester (Carcenogenic)
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, i'll pass on the ass drugs.

xoxo
polly

faht (Fahtphish)
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 07:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, me too. faht

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 11:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

try that at a party.

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the lime needs to be defined properly. Snail shells are mostly calcium carbonate. Traditionally, these are roasted until they turn into a powder and are added to the seed flour. When calcium carbonate is heated to a high temp, it turns into calcium oxide (quicklime). When calcium oxide is mixed with water, calcium hydroxide (slaked lime) is formed. The formation of calcium hydroxide is an exothermic reaction which creates a lot of heat. I don't know if any water is added when making the yopo traditionally, or the best ratio of seed powder to calcium oxide. All these variables could make a big difference to the strength of the trip and how much it burns the inside of the nose (or ass).

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 11:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a post from my parallel thread at the Lycaeum:

opiophile
Stranger
Member # 3603
posted July 14, 2003 03:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read a unpublished report that a anthropologist freind of mine let me read. It talked about his experiences making snuff powder from a.peregrina in chile. He took 10 grms of seeds and roasted in his oven. the seeds were then ground in a rough morter and mixed with lime paste from a grocery store, actually an asian product. 2 grms of lime paste were used but he noted that 1/4 of that weight may be sufficient. this dough releases a large cloud of ammonia. dried in an oven at 110 degrees this recipe yeilded 6.5 grms. the substance was far more potent than previous experiments with seeds processed without lime paste. a mere half gram brought about a narcoleptic out of body experience and then a black out period in a native chilean student who had had a few too many drinks. the anthropologist and several student freinds experimented with different doses , 100 mgs bringing the most enoyable, threshhold effects. coca leaf was used to lessen nausea and seemingly extend the trip. Previous experiments with non lime snuff resulted in threshold effects at a gram and a half, but the quick swelling nasal membranes created problems with administration. The study of these two different snuff recipes leads the anthropologist to believe that the addition of lime in native recipes is an important factor concerning potency of affect on an individual. a fellow student had argued that it was most likely trappings of ritual, without significant pharmacological importance. He rescinded his position after partaking of a 1/3 of gram dose of lime paste snuff, in comparison to 1 gram of non lime snuff, the limed snuff being insuffilated afterwards the non limed. I thought the report was interesting.

Natura (Natura)
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 11:19 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool.
I remember a few years ago, they are a couple of post bout the same subject in Ayhuasca forum, uuuhm quite old, dunno still in archive there... N+

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 11:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i had heard that the lime made a big difference,
nice to hear that confirmed.

Hannibal88 (Hannibal88)
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 12:38 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guys, you've gotta cook those seeds first. That converts all the bufotenine to DMT. There isn't much DMT in the seeds naturally, which is why snorting them without roasting isn't working for you.

Do this:
Roast them, then mix with a little baking soda or ground shells, shake it up thoroughly. Look for purple crystals/powder. Snort this stuff. Burns worse because of the baking soda, but does the job much better. W/o the soda, the alkaloids don't come out of the beans very well, so the absorption is poor.

Natura (Natura)
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 10:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hell, you cenvert Bufotenine to DMT ?

Impossible in this burning method.

N+

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 12:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lime activates chewed coca leaf - it won't work for shit w/o it,
and baking soda works just as well IME.

Granted, that's just coca leaf, but it says something about alkalods
and rate of absorption with and w/o an added base.

sol

ridder (Ridder)
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 06:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in the trip reports at erowid (i think under x esp) there are plenty from people taking substances as a sepository.. which btw are NOT fun, had to have one in the hospital from my bike accident because of a fever and other complications. well these guys i guess liked it but anyways... some uncomfortable yet interesting reads.

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 10:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Soliver,
Are you the guy who got the Coca Mate tea? I tried ordering it a while back and got ripped off.

Soliver (Soliver)
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 04:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where did you order from?

I've used 2 sources, peruherbals.com and another I can't think
of off hand, but a google search will bring it up...
they have coca mate for $36.00 / 100 bags (the one I can't think of....)

Maybe customs nabbed your shit? If they do, they'll usually
send you a love letter though . . . hmmm.

I dig coca mate. A nice pick me up, can't imagine why it's illegal -
coffee fucks me up more!

sol

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 09:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I used peru connections.com, but it was a while back, so I'm not sure.

jim dillows (Jimdillows)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 02:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have some viable yopo seeds that are also high in defensive alkaloids if anyone is interested. My plant looks a lot like a sensitive plant (mimosa family) and just got a new set of leaves!
Peace
JD

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 01:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

interesting.
how does one grow yopo?
if it's feasible i'm interested.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 01:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Admin (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 28327
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 - 02:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/29373.html? 1057924158

Namaste

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: