A Shitty Pictorial View of Horse Shit Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Substrate: Shroom Food A Shitty Pictorial View of Horse Shit Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 02, 2003RocRoc10 1 08-02-03  11:40 pm
Archive through August 11, 2003MachineDell50020 1 08-11-03  02:38 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not an easy question to answer as much depends on the weather.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Indoor imo... the bugs love the grain spawn and well wbs attracts wild birds. I have had a good batch outdoors but then I lost three batchs to bugs, mice, and birds. My backyard is full of od'd birds, mice that jump off the fence into the hot tub, and rolly polly bugs that do some crazy ass shit!

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

many just use very little grain but instead spawn it to large amounts of perlite for use as spawn outdoors.
mycellia will easily colonize damp perlite, but bugs and mice will just ignore it.

Dell500 (Dell500)
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm... well with that being said. I guess outdoor will be better in my case. Dont' have many bugs (ants, that's about it), birds, or mice around. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Peace.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 11:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have pins!

TC Pins

LY Pins

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 12:01 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Need advice... same shit, same process, & same environment, is it just the difference in strains?
The treasure coast has come along well and look like they will be my best ever!
The Thai LY have 100's of tiny pins and some reg pins around the sides.
The Thai PB tray (no pic yet) is just now starting to pin and I'll show pics once they get there...
What do ya pro's think?

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 01:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hard to really pin it down with any certainty.
it certainly could be genetics,
but other micro-climatic factors could also be in play.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 12:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

these are all multi-spore germinations, right ?
or cloned strains ?

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 01:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

multi-spore innoculated popcorn/wbs spawn.

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 01:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that fact alone can cause huge differences in pinset and yield.
next step for you is to start working with cloned substrains that you know perform well,
see http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/15203.html?1034628376

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 03:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Hippie

Roc

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hm, I'm interested in learning more about this technique, it's funny it was posted at this exact moment.

I'm currently growing a few trays looking for a master clone, if I clone a biggin, and then spawn, then clone, then spawn, will I get a continually weighter mushroom? Or is it clone, spore, clone, spore, clone only? Are there variations in techinque to obtain a huge well fruiting body?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

if I clone a biggin, and then spawn, then clone, then spawn, will I get a continually weighter mushroom?

no.
everything has limits, cloning doesn't improve the genetics at all, it just makes copies.
and like with all copiers, making a copy of a copy of a copy leads to loss, not gain.

do as atom-heart suggests-

Quote:

After several iterations of cloning and printing and cloning and printing, the best you can hope for is a strain where every bad trait has been eliminated, and all the good traits are present.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blowden I am really interested in learning how to get a consistant even flush on these trays... I will be studing up on this cloning thing myself and as time goes on continue to learn advanced techniques. This is a fun hobby and I look forward to learning more.
Hippie do ya think cloning is the next step?

Roc

Blodwen_1 (Blodwen_1)
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 02:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dido on that Roc, I want tall even flushes. I'm also interested in the world record of clones, I want a dry three gram mushroom, that kicks ass. I love this hobby, it's so expansive, my hippie-shrink (no relation to hippie3) says if I wasn't trying new things, I'd become more depressed then I am. He's a great guy his favorite drugs are MJ, Mesc, and Coc.., of course he has yet to try shrooms (he doesn't do coc, or mesc anymore). Great guy, Zen Buddist, existensilist well read, looks just like PF in his photos, and cheap.

"After several iterations of cloning and printing and cloning and printing, the best you can hope for is a strain where every bad trait has been eliminated, and all the good traits are present."
I guess that's the answer in total. Breed a generation of freeky tall built mutants. Facism at it's worst.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 12:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as a pig in shit!

Treasure Coast
1st flush of TC

Thai Lipa Yi
My favs to eat but I still can't get em to flush right.

Roc

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 02:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I picked em and really didn't know what to do so i scrapped most of the casing off, misted, covered em and returned em to the dark for a rest.
What would you have done with them?
Do ya think I'll get another flush?

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 01:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

proly.
next time try to leave the casing largely intact, only replacing areas that are tore up from harvest.
the next flush is already forming beneath the surface so scraping off all the casing delays the next flush.

Roc (Rochester)
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 01:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Hippie!

Roc

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: