Witches Brew [For Use With Black HenB... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Witches Brew [For Use With Black HenBane] Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 02:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

by 'jackal'

Quote:

This is recipe comes from my Dutch friend Phobey, please direct all credit to him.

Bilzenkruid Bier aka Witches Brew

Equipment:

Your favourite brand of beer - 1 litre
1/2 litre honey
40 gram dried leaves from the henbane plant.
1 sachet of beer yeast
20 litre water
A container that can hold 20-25 litres which can be sealed.

Preperation:

°First cook the henbane foliage for 5 - 10 minutes on a small fire.
°Now take the container and place 20 litres of water in there.
°Mix in the beer.
°Mix in the honey.
°Mix in the water used to cook the henbane in.
°Mix in the yeast.
°Mix all up real good.
°Cover the container but do NOT completly close it, for the yeast will produce a lot of gas.
°Let stand for about a week and voila you got yourself a nice batch of psychoactive beer.

Take care, because in conjunction with the alcohol it can be overpowering.

Just drink it slowly and you´ll know when it starts working.

This brew gives a nice body buzz and mildly euphoric mild trip effects.

Watch out for the big hangover the next day though.

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 02:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a word of caution i would like to add
it is possible that this recipe is fairly harmless but the plant henbane is a very powerfull plant :
Known Hazards
All parts of the plant are very toxic. Symptoms of poisoning include impaired vision, convulsions, coma and death from heart or respiratory failure
and also :
It is poisonous in all its parts, and neither drying nor boiling destroys the toxic principle. The leaves are the most powerful portion, even the odour of them when fresh will produce giddiness and stupor. Accidental cases of poisoning by Henbane are, however, not very common, as the plant has too unpleasant a taste and smell to be readily mistaken for any esculent vegetable, but its roots, which are thick and somewhat like those of salsafy, have sometimes been gathered and eaten. In one case recorded, a woman pulled up a quantity of Henbane roots which she found in a field, supposing them to be parsnips. She boiled them in soup, which was eaten by the family. The whole of the nine persons who had partaken of them suffered severely, being soon seized with indistinctness of vision, giddiness and sleepiness, followed by delirium and convulsions.
It is also recorded that the whole of the inmates of a monastery were once poisoned by using the roots instead of chicory. The monks partaking of the roots for supper were all more or less affected during the night and following day, being attacked with a sort of delirious frenzy, accompanied in many cases by such hallucinations that the establishment resembled a lunatic asylum.

The herb was used in magic and diabolism, for its power of throwing its victims into convulsions. It was employed by witches in their midnight brews, and from the leaves was prepared a famous sorcerer's ointment.
it is family from belladonna and much used in witchcraft in europe in the middleages

henbane

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 03:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i guess i should have mentioned henbane's poison.
thx for filling in the blanks.

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 11:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With knowledge comes responsibility (imo) it's no use to pretend my nose bleeds when i'm aware of potential danger , still it made me curious and i'll do a search on the active ingredients inside henbane and dosages to get a better idea of that exotic beverage

peace

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that would be great,
knowledge is power and much more.
great graphic, too.

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 09:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The main active ingredient is scopolamine. It would be very similar to datura in effects, i.e. very unpleasant. For hardcore psychonauts only! The amount of plant material in the beer itself seems small, so it may be fairly safe to drink in small quantities.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 09:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No offence to you,(in a scotish accent) laddy but personal I don't think there is anything psychonautical about delirium. Sure the delirium itself maybe OK, but with the dangerously increased heart beat, dry mouth worse than you could ever dream of in your sickest nightmares, and of course if you were dumb enough to take more than your body could handle, death.

Statistically from erowid reports and experiences from others, I'm guessing the trip to the hospital rate is more than 30-40%. That's a lot really, considering other substances yield probably 0-3%.

Perhaps this witches brew doses low enough, but 40 grams sounds like a little too much, be careful with that.

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 10:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is 40g in 20 litres of water. You aren't going to drink the whole lot in one sitting. Datura-esque delerium is worth experiencing once, just for the hell of it (literally).

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 04:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i would think if you followed the directions to drink it slowly then you'd be pretty safe.
don't chug a six-pack of it and go for a drive.

andrew johns (Firekills)
Username: Firekills

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 02:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd hate to rain on your parade but this is a really poor and basic recipe. The brew will be weak, watery and taste very bad.

Don't worry about the dangers. You'd have to be pretty stupid to overdose on this stuff.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6532
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 05:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how do you know these things ?
have you tried it ?
got a better recipe ?
we always worry as there are many stupid people.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 8405
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 01:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

henbane
archive material

Natura (Natura)
Username: Natura

Post Number: 202
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 04:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

40gs dried leaves could be at least 20-30 leaves,,, for 25L ,,, 2 pints beers with 1leaf datura... uuumm; sounds bit heavy dose for mi....
N+

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 8461
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 04:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

really ?
there seems to be some controversy on this issue,
some say it's a heavy dose
while others say not.
we're looking at roughly 2 grams per liter
by his recipe.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: