Mycotopia Web Archive Ľ Archive Ľ Botanicals Ľ Garden ę Previous Next Ľ

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Advanced Member
Username: Sweetness

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 01:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Newest arrival
Upload

FOAF inherited most of these, 10 of them (in the forefront) are some cuttings I've planted. Eight on the two back rows were grafted this spring..Front and center is a 7 yr old rooted pete.
Upload

All those buttons were from this big graft on the right. One button was left on and you can see a new one popping out. There are more on the back side. Look closely at the next 2 middle grafts, you can see new buttons growing.
Upload

Close up of the big graft. It's a full 3.5" across and 2.5" high.
Upload

More pups...
+++ jpeg +++ 35654 +++ Upload
Still need more pots for cuttings +++
"When I sell liquor, itís called bootlegging. When my patrons serve it on silver trays on Lake Shore Drive, itís called hospitality.Ē

-Al Capone

Hidra303 (Hidra303)
Username: Hidra303

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 02:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one word=

WOW!

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Advanced Member

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 03:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah me too Hidra! They are very well taken care of.
(Wanted to load that last pic...some pics of recent grafts upcoming)

Upload
"When I sell liquor, itís called bootlegging. When my patrons serve it on silver trays on Lake Shore Drive, itís called hospitality.Ē

-Al Capone

Natura (Natura)
Username: Natura

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 08:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is it really faster growing U get from this Pachanoing ?

aha ?

Upload
N+

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Advanced Member

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 12:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure what your question is. That's a beautiful bloom pic tho!!

-Al Capone

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Username: Mycophil

Post Number: 482
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 03:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great idea , sweetness ,well done,i had them blooming once but lost track of them for a long time now ,switched to pedros
i the graftingidea ,i've read it once but then i forgot about it
way togo !

Natura (Natura)
Username: Natura

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 03:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, I dont have tried this kind genetical bootlegging yet but K.Trout reported, peyote grows faster (Twice+) on top of pachanoi in this method...
N+

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Intermediate Member
Username: Xochipilli2012

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 06:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I first read this in a hightimes article about 5 years ago.
grafting on top of a san pedro will make it grow twice as fast.the article stated that since it took peyote close two a couple of years to fully grow,and the consumption of the cactus was rising .people where afraid that it would dissappear from over consumption.
someone figured out that by grafting it to a san pedro the grafted peyote would grow and develop in about a year.
I,m glad that some people still care enough to cultivated.
I was beginning to think that I might never come across peyote,but with committed people in other countries and here ,I think I might still some day get to hang out with mescalito.

Sweetness (Sweetness)

Post Number: 102
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 08:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't graft the ones in the picture but have used 3 pups from those for successful grafts.

Here's a link to various grafting teks.

http://sphosting.com/cactus/grafting_tips.html

-Al Capone

Leprachaun (Leprachaun)
Username: Leprachaun

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 01:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are cacti better than shrooms? Is the trip much different? I heard it is quite sickening.

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Username: Voodoo

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 04:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grafting is definately the way to go. Its actually a hell of a lot faster than 2x. Not only that, but by grafting you will also produce pups. Growing from root generally doesnt result in pupping. So your getting more cactus body and also getting more cactus to graft. Hey Sweetness, do my seedlings still not count? OK, Im gonna have to go get a camera to show you up. LOL

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Sweetness. Lets see you beat this one. :D :D :D

My apologies for the picture quality.

Upload

Upload

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 09:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW- This is my newest cactus. Its a tricho hybrid mutation. Just got it fresh from Germany.

Sweetness (Sweetness)

Post Number: 126
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's beautiful! Tricho-topiary! I know how much you wanted her.

Quite an impressive addition to your collection. Yes, *rolls eyes* the seedlings count You wi..you wi...well you know

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity!" Gilda Radner 1946-1989

farmerlucky03 (Farmerlucky03)
Intermediate Member
Username: Farmerlucky03

Post Number: 72
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 11:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I came across some San Pedro arms that a cactus store im area had tossed out(they said they couldn't sell em). They are fresh cuttings. How long does it take for the skin to calus up and what enviroment should I keep them in while their forming the calusues?
"I do it for the drugs"
Smile Empty Soul

Sweetness (Sweetness)

Post Number: 130
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 11:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Partial sun outside if you can (depends on your climate, indoors in a sunny window has worked as well) and you might want to keep a close eye on them for critters while they're drying. Best to even wait until they sprout roots. Good find!
"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity!" Gilda Radner 1946-1989

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 76
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 04:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Sweetness, what your saying is that they will sprout roots while they are forming the calus. I do let them form a calus before I plant them correct.
"I do it for the drugs"
Smile Empty Soul

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 06:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You absolutely need to let your cactus form a callus first. If not they will develop rot and your screwed. You dont need to let them throw roots before transfering to soil, but it takes a lot of worry out of the process. It takes a while longer that way but its worth it for the peace of mind.

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 77
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 01:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone have a pic of what the callus should look like?
"I do it for the drugs"
Smile Empty Soul

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure thing, gimme a minute. Iv got one with a top cut that should give you a good idea.

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 03:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, here you go. The picture quality sucks, but youll get the general idea. Maybe if you beg, Sweetness will post a better pic.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 03:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgot to add the reason the cut is like that. This originally had a pete pup on it, but the pup was rejected. Normally if your just trying to root a cutting, your cut will be straight across. Tips are much easier to root than middle cuts, BTW.

Intermediate Member

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 04:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thnks How long did it take to get the callus to form?
"I do it for the drugs"
Smile Empty Soul

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 72
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 04:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It only takes a couple of days. You could actually do it in your kitchen np. Just make sure its not soft to the touch and youll be fine. Its not as difficult as it sounds. Actually, you dont have to do shit. Just wait. LOL

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 73
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 04:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Quite an impressive addition to your collection. Yes, *rolls eyes* the seedlings count You wi..you wi...well you know"

Holy shit Sweetness, I missed that post. Were you trying to say, what I think you were trying to say? LOL Well, I think youll be ahead when you get the newest addition. It just never ends. LOL LOL LOL

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 10366
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material
how did i miss this wonderful thread ?
asleep at the wheel yet again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: