Ipomea Violacea & lysergic acid amide... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Ipomea Violacea & lysergic acid amide? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Anyone ever tried h.b.w.s. or wild dogga flowers?Serialkillerjoey ramone15 1 08-24-02  02:48 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Matt Dalton (Org_Anic25)
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 09:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure there are some of you out there that have heard of lysergic acid amide existing amoung certain breeds of Morning Glory seeds. I have done extensive studies into these ethnobotanical possibilities have have not found anything promising exept for some scary chemistry work. Personally I think thats why we have fungi to learn from the inner worlds. I know of a strange extraction process of lysegic acid amide from Ipomea Violacea using absolv grade petrolium ether first on ground seeds then filtering and drying. Second, an ethanolic extraction of the lysergic acid amides is made from the so called "cleansed" seed powder. This alcohol is drunk for the effects of a mildly active lysergic acid amide experience. Anyone know more?

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 09:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is that baby hawaiian woodrose ?

Matt Dalton (Org_Anic25)
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 09:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ipomea Violacea is a common American ornamental Morning Glory. Both baby and large Hawiian Woodrose contain lysergic acid amides in larger concentrations than morning glory, but also contain cynogenic glucosides that evedently cause more problems in the purification process and side effects, blehh.

mrnngglry (Mrnngglry)
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 05:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i know enough to advise against wasting your time and liver on this stuff.

jim brown (Shrhobbyist)
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 09:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mrn, do you mean the woodrose and morning glory seeds wasting your time and liver or the LSD? You can't mean the LSD, you mean messing with the seeds, right???

ion ewe (Ion)
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 10:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everything you ingest affects the liver. From acetaminophen to zebra meat. Seeds contain nasties(puky glucosides) and goodies(LSA's), but both affect the liver in a negative way. Some chemicals do more harm than others. If LSD wasn't taken in such small amounts, it would probably destroy your liver! It's already a bad idea to take *anything* if your liver isn't fully up to par. Hepatitis, cirrhosis, jaundice, etc. My advice is to get a copy of any blood work you get done from your doctor. Look for the Hepatic Function Panel. If all is in the green (there should be a reference range for the numbers), you're good to go. If you do a lot of drugs, you really need to get your liver checked. Ask for a Liver Panel next time you go to the doctor. You'll need to fast and stay sober (ingest only water and a few plain unsalted crackers if you need a snack) for 12 hours before the blood is drawn.

-ion

mrnngglry (Mrnngglry)
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 12:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jim brown

right.

also, read hoffman's take on it in "lsd my problem child", ott's "pharmacotheon", and shulgin's "tihkal".

the concensus seems to be it is an unpleasant experience most of the time. i've never heard anyone say morning glories consistently prove to be an effective catalyst for a psychedelic state. the user sits around for hours trying not to vomit while asking themself if they are high yet. even pure lsa is a bummer.

do you suppose that's why the seeds are legal?

jim brown (Shrhobbyist)
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In The Anarchist Cookbook, there is a recipe for a morningglory seed and a woodrose seed extraction. It says they are homemade LSD recipes. I always wanted to try it. Of course, I didn't figure it would work...the book also recomends smoking peanut skins, banana peels and toads.

Paradox (Paradox)
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anarchist cookbook is mostly a crock o' shit.

gnas (Psystep)
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 03:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

crock o' shit is right. LSD from moringglory seeds?? Not unless you can grab a "diethyl" and pluck it down on the "amide" of LSA. Last time I checked, diethyls were out of stock in Wal-Mart.

Kaijan (Kaijan)
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 01:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

chemistry geeks

Organic (Org_Anic25)
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 02:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, you're right gnas, the magic of the lysergic acid derivitives has always been in the diethyl radical. 2 separate ethyl chains CH2-CH3 bonded by nitrogen. Diethylamide is one of the most guarded substances by the govenment now. Plus, getting the ethyl radicals to form properly requires a bit of skill in a quality lab setting.