Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Botanicals Morning glories Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

polly ester (Carcenogenic)
Username: Carcenogenic

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 03:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, it has just gotten cold here, 20 last night. it has been 70 in the day and about 50 at night, so today i go out and look at my sky blues and they are somewhat wilted and mushy, i plucked them all up and took a double arm load of vines and all to an abandoned hippie bus i have to dry out.the seed pods are still green, and mushy, should they dry out and be ok?

lsa is a hard trip, i'm mostly looking to get my seeds back in the ground for next year. if i have any.

xxoxo
polly
"...and all the drugs that i don't have the guts to take to soothe my mind...." nmh

Hidra303 (Hidra303)
Intermediate Member
Username: Hidra303

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if you need seeds..

I have like 1/2 pound of various morning glories(blue,purple..pink..etc).. collected in my area

they are all mixed together..

peace

:-)

Hidra303 (Hidra303)
Intermediate Member
Username: Hidra303

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)Upload

banjojo (Banjojo)
Advanced Member
Username: Banjojo

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've eaten frostbitten mushy seeds, and had no problems. I didn't wait for them to dry though, they are easier to grind when they are moist. don't know about planting them though. I would assume they would grow fine since most people don't collect their Morning Glory seeds, they just let them fall and have them every year.

(Message edited by banjojo on November 27, 2003)
there's a fungus among us!

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 05:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think only the oaxaca variety are hallucinagenic, the ones that grow in temperate u.s. climate have little if any lsa, the seeds i have are heavenly blue and the seeds are oval and pointy on the end while the ones that grow in the u.s. are shaped like an orange slice.

i do not like lsa but if i'm going to grow something even for ornamentation i insist it be entheogenic. corn is .89 a can, i'm gonna grow something i can smoke.

xoox
polly

Post Number: 132
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 08:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, update for anyone who cares,
they are drying nicely, some seeds caved in and rotted, others seem to be sprouting on the vine, i pealed off the black layer coating off of a few seeds and found this tiny green plant, it's freaky to find a complete tiny plant inside a seed capsule, i'm used to the dried white powder.

so, here's a pic of the outside of a heavenly blue seed taken off with the tiny plant inside,

am i screwed? can i still plant them? or have they already started to grow?

xoxo
pollyUpload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 8224
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 02:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'd dry it asap,
the freeze killed much, it'll soon start to rot.
drying the seeds shouldn't kill them if you avoid heat.

banjojo (Banjojo)
Username: Banjojo

Post Number: 119
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 11:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's an embryo.
there's a fungus among us!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 8244
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 02:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where do you see an embryo in those pix ?
i see no taproot to indicate germination.
but of course if some are,
then plant, do not dry, those.
dry the rest before they rot.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 8245
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 02:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

polly,
we do care, any thread with good pix covering a subject discussed here is a worthy addition to our base of info here.
in fact, archive material

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: